Last update: 16 May 2017
Information You Provide
Some areas of the site may ask you to submit personal information for you to benefit from the specific features (such as creation of user account, information brochure) or to participate in a particular activity. You will be informed what information is required and what information is optional.
Types of information we collect
- Personal Details: Name, Surname, Dental Practice and Healthcare Practitioner number.
- Contact Details: Cell number (more than one if applicable), Email address, Work contact information.
- Additional Information: Job description.
How we store your information
We store the personal information of all our members on our Content Management System server, connected to the LISTERINE® Dental Academy website. We use reasonable organisational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal information, including the use of safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, enforcing physical access controls to our buildings and files, and authorising access to personal information only for those employees, agents, contractors and third parties who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities or who require it to support you and your use of LISTERINE® Dental Academy.
Who we share your information with
Your personal information will be accessible to limited personnel from Johnson & Johnson, its agents, contractors and other third parties as is necessary to support you and your use of LISTERINE® Dental Academy.
What we do with the personal information
We may use any personal information provided by you for such purposes indicated to you in writing at the time you registered for the programme, including for the purpose of direct marketing of Johnson & Johnson products and services.
- We will contact subscribed members via SMS and email with content related to oral health and LISTERINE® products.
- We will contact subscribed members via SMS and email to inform you of availability of material and updates on the programme progress.
- We will contact you via SMS and email to ensure you have provided your correct contact information, and if it has changed, to ask that you update it via the LISTERINE® Dental Academy website.
How you can access or change your personal information
If you would like to review or change the details that you supplied to us, you can either view and amend your details by going to your profile on the LISTERINE® Dental Academy website, contact the Johnson & Johnson customer care line, or contact us on [email protected]. You can request that your information be removed from LISTERINE® Dental Academy records by emailing [email protected].
We may combine the information you submit with other information we have collected from you, whether on- or offline. We may also combine it with information we receive about you from other sources, such as other Johnson & Johnson Operating Companies, publicly available information sources (including information from your publicly available social media profiles), and other third parties.
Passive information collection and use
As you navigate through a site, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without you actively providing the information) using various technologies and means, such as Internet Protocol addresses, cookies, Internet tags, and navigational data collection.
How we use and disclose information
We use and disclose information you provide to us as described to you at the point of collection.
We also use information from or about you:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfil your requests, such as to send you documents you request or email alerts;
- to send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding the site, changes to our terms and conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information; and
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our website, improving our products and services, identifying site usage trends, personaliszing your experience on the site by presenting products and offers tailored to you, and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
We also disclose information collected through the site:
- to our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting and moderating, mobile application hosting, data analysis, customer service, email and direct mail delivery services, auditing services, and other services, in order to enable them to provide services;
- to a third party in the event of any reorganisation, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
In addition, we use and disclose information collected through the site as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) as permitted by applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. We may also use and disclose information collected through the site in other ways, with your consent.
We also use and disclose information we collect passively as described above, under “Passive Information Collection and Use,” and for any other purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law (for example, if we are required to treat such information as personal information). In addition, we may use and disclose information that is not in a personally identifiable form for any purpose. If we combine information that is not in a personally identifiable form with information that is (such as combining your name with your geographical location), we will treat the combined information as personal information as long as it is combined.
Third party sites and services
We use reasonable organisational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
Choices and access
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information.
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information for marketing purposes. You may opt in for:
- Receiving marketing communications from us: If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out of receiving them by emailing us at [email protected]. In your email please provide your name, identify the marketing communications that you no longer wish to receive, and include the address(es) to which it/they are sent]. For example, if you no longer wish to receive marketing emails or direct mail from us, tell us that, and provide your name and email/or postal address. You may also opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by visiting www.dentalacademy.co.za to update your online profile.
- Optional Consent: Although you can opt-out of receiving communications at any point of the programme, we advise that you keep one of the services as they will assist you with timings and reminders of important dates throughout the year. You can opt-out on of receiving a specific type of communication by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each mail, or by replying with the word “STOP” to opt out of receiving any further SMS notifications.
If you no longer wish to participate in the programme in its entirety, you can email [email protected] at any time and request to be removed from the programme.
While we do our best to act on your preferences as soon as we can, please be aware that it may take up to 5 days for changes to be applied. Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact us via email at [email protected].
- Our sharing of your personal information with affiliates and third-party partners: If you would prefer that we not share your personal information on a going-forward basis with our affiliates and/or third-party partners for their marketing purposes, you may opt-out by emailing us at: [email protected]. In your response to us, please state that we should no longer share your personal information with our affiliates and/or third party partners for their marketing purposes, and include your name and email address.
We will seek to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt- out as described above, we will not be able to remove your personal information from the databases of our affiliates with which we have already shared your information (i.e., as of the date that we implement your opt-out request). Please also note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important transactional and administrative messages, from which you cannot opt-out.
How you can access, change, or delete your personal information
If you would like to review, correct, update, or delete the personal information that you have provided via the site, please send an e-mail with your request to [email protected]. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. You may also visit the site to update your online profile.
Use of site by minors
The site is not directed to individuals under the age of 18, and we request that these individuals not provide Personal Information through the site.
Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or service providers, and by using our site or by providing consent to us (where required by law), you agree to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including to the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
Unless we specifically request or invite it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the site or otherwise to us. In those cases, where we may request or invite you to provide sensitive information, we will do so with your express consent.
Johnson & Johnson (Pty) Ltd
Private Bag X6
Tel: 0860 410 032